For this 5th entry , I will share about Restaurant City games that I played through Facebook. As for me, I can somehow use this games to promote the learning of English Language for the students. There are lots of things that can be used manipulated for the sake of the students in the classroom. Im sure the lesson will be fun and the students will be interested in participating themselves in the lesson.
Now lets look at the lesson plan…
Language proficiency: Average Proficiency
Topic: Prepositions (Eg: behind, besides, in front of, between)
Skills: Listening and writing
Previous knowledge: Nouns(names of things in the restaurant. Eg: chair, table, front door, etc)
Learning objectives: In the end of the lesson, students will be able to :
-Place the things according to the preposition said by the teacher.
-Write the right preposition of the things said by the teacher.
1)Teacher projects the game and gaining the students responses by asking them about the position and place of the things in the game.
2) Teacher lists down the students answers and lead them towards the topic which is “Prepositions”
1) Students discusses the prepositions listed with the teacher and the other preposition introduced by the teacher.
2) Teacher asks the students to make some notes about the preposition.
3)Teacher tests their understanding by asking the several questions on the preposition with the use the games projected.
1) Teacher asks the students to decorate the restaurant by listening to the teacher instruction on where to place the things in the restaurant. Teacher will use the preposition that they had discussed previously.
-the students will click at the decorate icon before they can start decorating-
-start decorating based on the prepositions said by the teacher-
2) Teacher checks the students work.
1) Teacher will project the games on the screen and said one of things in the screen.
2) The students are required to write the right prepositions related to the things said.
1) Teacher concludes the lesson and reemphasizes the topic taught.
Hopefully this simple lesson plan will be useful to everyone…I think thats all from now…daaa~~~